Monday, September 18, 2006

In Beijing


I got here a couple days ago, and so far it has not been great- today the air pollution is among the worst I've ever seen in Beijing, and my nose is feeling it. If I try to sniff the air- which is pretty painful just right now- it smells like cigarettes.
Aside from that, and jet lag that just won't go away, things aren't so bad. It actually feels good to be back in Beijing, surprisingly enough. The last time I was here it was such a huge adjustment over such a long time that by the time I was used to Beijing and China I was also sick of both. This time, I feel like I have a good grip on the place and how to survive here, and I haven't been here for so long, that I'm actually pretty excited for being here. It's almost llike I missed the place without realizing it.
As for what I'm going to do here- I'll save that for when I'm feeling better and more coherent.
For now, here's a picture of the view from my friend's balcony.

1 comment:

m! said...

still the avid fan, i await